10 Of The Most Unreliable Cars For 2018, According To Consumer Reports
This year came in fast and like the wind it’s about to be out before we know it. With that in mind, you may want to check out some crazy year-end car sales and lease incentives because they start to spring up around this time of the year.
However, you may want to do a little research before you sign above the line for your dream car because despite it being a new lease or a reasonable pre-owned finance, not all examples come off the production assembly line in perfect working condition.
Below is a video and a list of this year’s top 10 most unreliable vehicles along with the faults that were found from everyday consumers…
- Chevrolet Camaro (transmission and problems with the in-car electronics and drive system)
- Mercedes-Benz GLC (issues with the brakes, steering and suspension as well as the power equipment)
- Jaguar F-Pace (issues with the drivetrain, the on-board electronics -including the infotainment system-, as well as a leaking differential on some cars)
- GMC Acadia (in-car electronics, with the screen going blank and the rear entertainment system not always working)
- Fiat 500 (issues with its brakes, power equipment and in-car electronics)
- Ford Focus (jerky, rough-shifting transmission)
- Ford Fiesta (climate control that can stop working unexpectedly and the dual-clutch transmission demanding early clutch replacements and in some cases even a full rebuild)
- Volvo XC90 (complicated infotainment system that also controls the climate system. Owners reported slow load times and constant reboots which in some cases turned the screen blank and blocked access to everything, including climate control)
- Cadillac Escalade (issues with the infotainment freezing and crashing frequently, the climate control turning on its highest setting without any input from the driver but the major problems are to be found in the powertrain, with irregular idling, rough shifts and even complete failures)
- Tesla Model X (issues on the simple things like opening and closing the Falcon doors due to sensors failing frequently and poor fit and finish with loose exterior moldings and body misalignment also common)
Image credit: ©Masterfile Royalty-Free